Wednesday 2 November 2016

MeaningFull Poetry week - Julia's Heart


Shalom beloved! Welcome to our week of meaningFull Poetry, where we are sharing bits of our own poetry, along with some of our favorite poems and pieces of writing that have inspired us. This is Day 1 and I am so excited to introduce someone filled with poetic inspiration and encouragement, Julia Putzke. Julia writes to and for her Saviour Jesus, her poetic pieces are expressions of that journey and she loves to share about it over at Crippled at Your Table. 

Here are her words....

 To Me

Love,
a brush against
my cheek--a gasp
escapes my mouth.
I watch yellow wings
carry on their way,
my eyes wide open.
A nudge on my back.
I pull a red leaf from
my black jacket, a burn
mark in the center, half
of a heart. Where is the other
half, LORD? You are twice as
good as my half-hearted to be good. I want to feel the love between us, not only longing desire for embrace. I know there are different kinds of happy: anticipatory, like waiting for this journey to unfold step by guided step. In the moment, an unexpected gift arriving when hope has lost its hold.
Residual, when you go through
moments behind: a homemade pumpkin muffin, a box of Christmas joy from a friend when grief came so sudden,
how are you? texts when nights felt long. Enough of these to bring a thought to mind: maybe there's a loving God who wants
me to know, You are wonderful.

 Julia's Favourite Poem is,

Psalm 103:2-5 is one of my favourite pieces of poetry, it reas; "Let all that I am praise the Lord; may I never forget the good things he does for me. He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases. He redeems me from death and crowns me with love and tender mercies. He fills my life with good things. My youth is renewed like the eagle’s!"

I love this part of psalm 103 because of a song by Ellie Holcomb, called "Don't forget his love." http://youtu.be/fMflCr1Vge8 I've loved her music since 2013 when I first discovered it and I have felt like God sings his hope for the heartache I've felt from my parents divorce and not knowing where He is taking me, through her songs. I've learned His Word through her music without even realizing it until months later. Which has also why this poem has given me hope: it has taught me that He will always find intimate ways to speak to me. He will always lead and guide me.
 

2 comments:

  1. I never thought of Psalm 103 as a poem. Lovely. And Ellie Holcomb--I'm going to have to go find that video. Thank you, Julia (and Aliyah!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes! Psalm 103... one of my favorites! (and Ellie, too!) So fun to find you here, Julia!

    ReplyDelete