Friday 14 October 2016

FMF - In a simple Mail

Five Minute Friday Time, the Prompt - Mail! Go!

I moved the little carousel and paged through the different postcards of Africa. I loved them, all of them. Tourists bustled around me, pushing me literally out of the way (tourists can be rude! but I digress). And the shop workers were looking at me ready to sell me some over - priced stamps for my cards. I smiled before opening my mouth, "I'm not a tourist, I live here, I'm just looking for a postcard." I stuffed my cards in to a brown paper bag and left. Later that evening, I took them out. Each one meant something to me, I felt the message of each one and it was a spiritual message I hoped the receivers would perceive. A simple mailed postcard with an airmail stamp and yet it's ability to gift someone else and speak prophetically in to their life, it's there. In a simple postcard. 


It's why I blog too. I love connection, even when someone leaves me a comment, I'm like "why don't they leave their website address, I wanna say hi back!" It's true. And in this fast paced world of ours, many people have written all over their blogs, how they love readers to mail them but when you do you just don't get a reply. I wish they'd remove that little one liner - because if you not going to mail back you not telling the truth (but I digress again! Can you hear my frustration:)) But the bottom line is, mail - airmail or email, it can light up someone's world, change their day and show them that someone out there is not busy to overlook them, not too busy to care. And all that can be said in a simple "mail."

STOP! 
Sharing at Kates 

4 comments:

  1. "But the bottom line is, mail - airmail or email, it can light up someone's world, change their day and show them that someone out there is not busy to overlook them, not too busy to care." Amen to this! I love your post and am blessed every time I come here and read your words.

    Have a wonderful weekend and may God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Gayl, I always love seeing you :) I looked for you today on the link up and visited your blog (will be back for the healthy eating habits!) I'm just really exhausted too tired to even comment. Life is hectic, so glad hubby and I are getting away soon, I need the break :) Have a fabulous weekend!

      Delete
  2. Ah yes... a Prophetic Card Ministry, indeed! I love it! (And to answer your question on my blog --Yes! I would be honored to be a part of your Poetry series.) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Karrilee! Yey awesome :) You were so on my heart! Chat Soon

      Delete