Friday 1 January 2016

"Word" for 2016 - Wide Open Space

I have drawn with bated breath, the calm excitement within to know and to share the word my Gracious God has given me for my life this year. Mid - December, I started praying about what He would have me know for the coming year ahead. And He led me immediately to Psalm 18.

  He brought me out to a wide-open space.
        He rescued me because he was pleased with me.

  I waited for the further confirmation and He led me to Isaiah 54: 2 - 3.

Enlarge the place of your tent,
    stretch your tent curtains wide,
    do not hold back;
lengthen your cords,
    strengthen your stakes.
For you will spread out to the right and to the left;

    your descendants will dispossess nations
    and settle in their desolate cities.

When I started studying the words so much jumped out at me, truly God has promised me "wide open space." This is my "word" of promise this year and I have need of it. As in years gone by, no one can know how their road of life will pan out, and I know this wide open space will unravel in ways I never expected, but my heart is in it!
This afternoon as I drove out in to the Winelands to meet a friend, I followed the winding road and suddenly I was looking out at the beautiful farms. The vineyards, the green fields, horses and ponies and I breathed in deeply, I felt my breath catch and my soul was refreshed. This is what wide open space looks like. As the natural space overtook me, I heard the words of a random song playing on my car radio - "Spirit, lead me where my trust is without borders...."

Without borders? That's wide open space! And I love to sing this song and belt this part of the song out with intense emotion. Yes, as I drove in to the Winelands, I had been feeling sad somewhere inside, waiting on God for something specific but sensing the sadness there. Then this beautiful picture and a beloved song. Wide open space is trust without borders. That's lesson 1.

To 2016 and all God has for us, on our winding journeys of life. I pray you will know HIm deeper, hear Him clearer and just know that you are deeply loved and special! Big Hugs from the winding road to open space!

No comments:

Post a Comment