Friday 15 January 2016

It takes time - I tell myself

Five Minute Friday! Go!

 
"It takes time," I tell myself, right before I fall asleep. "It takes time" as I hold my hubby's hand and finally fall asleep. The same words I told so many other people when I saw them for trauma counselling, it takes time. To get over traumatic situations, just like we encountered this week when my husband and I were verbally and emotionally threatened and intimidated by a couple who attacked my husband in our apartment block, just because my husband was doing his job. It takes time, to finally receive our restraining order from the courts, something we had to apply for, to protect us against this crazy duo downstairs. And it takes time to allow the trauma of the situation to settle. Taking time to allow God to heal, to cry and to go through those emotions, trauma brings. I know them, I studied them, I helped others breath through them and I tell myself time. And I know all the time, God has been so amazing this week, deeper in to His Love, deeper in to the heart whispers inside of me. It takes time. For justice to be done, when there just is so litte of it and that's the world we live in. People harm others with no remorse or no let up but we are still standing, in God's embrace, with greater hunger and desire. It takes time and I am so thankful God that You own all of time.... and that You hold me so tight, all of the time...

STOP!
 Linking with Kate FMF

5 comments:

  1. Oh no! I know something like this does take time. I practice law, and I know that being through a difficult situation like this requires time in which to heal. Praying that you find healing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you have had such a horrible experience this week. Praying for you and your husband to know God's peace and protection. Visiting from FMF.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Carly, thank you so much and thank you for your prayers - Amen!! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  3. Hi, Aliyah, it does take time, doesn't it? I'm so sorry you had to go through that. Thank God you were equipped to deal with it. Thank you for honest words and encouragement. -Your friend in #70, Christina @Creativeandfree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Christina, thank you so much for your words. Good to see you have a lovely weekend! Your friends A!*

      Delete