Thursday 21 May 2015

What God is sharing with my Heart this week


This week has been a deep one... Last week was chaotic, troublesome, filled with tears and buckets of anxiety wrapped up within. When finally I could hear Gods voice speaking through the noise, I realised that it was time to let a few things go and once my husband and I jointly made those decisions (because each project we were jointly involved in), the peace and Love of God flowed back in to our spirits again.

This week has been beyond description, with so many amazing realities of God. God has been speaking so much to my heart and yet I know in some ways I am indecisive. Indecisive and scared. Scared of being laughed at for something I need to create, something I feel I need to do. Scared to begin and to keep on going. It's never the beginning that scares me, its the middle. The middle is the place of perseverance and patience, I know these indecisive feelings stem from the way it used to be when I was growing up. I used to struggle to finish amazing projects somewhere three-quarters of the way, because I was scared of it not being good enough. Truth is that, I am not afraid anymore, I am not afraid of things I need to do because I know they are already accepted. I accept them and my Beloved Father does yet, it is true that we need to retrain our brains and the ingrained pattern within them.

 Romans 12:2
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Our thought patterns need a make - over, a new road to travel on, a new in way and exit. I know that because of past experiences it can be easy to be over - cautious and super careful because I don't want to over commit or to make a mistake (which does happen because I'm only human!) Yet, over the passed week I know what my Abba Father has been saying, don't  be afraid to shine, a city on a hill cannot be hidden! So, deep breath, not afraid to shine, not afraid to glisten in the radiant dress called God's Love and Mercy. Not afraid to use my voice as the Levites did to sing the Glorious song of Heaven in the temple service. Not afraid to glisten where it's dark, not afraid to use every muscle of talent for the Love of the King, not afraid because I will finish, I will begin, I will make it through with joy and hope and live to flourish in the beauty that His purpose brings!

Isaiah 60:1
Arise, shine, for your light has come,
and the glory of the Lord rises upon you.

Matthew 5: 14 - 16
 You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.
Beloved Brews Linkup

2 comments:

  1. Linking up beside you at Bonnie's today. Last week was a bit hairy for me too. But God. Just like you said He shows up and gives us the wisdom to know what we need to do. :)
    Love your scriptures about light!
    Be blessed,
    Krista

    ReplyDelete
  2. LIGHT was my word/focus last year and I learned so much. So glad he's teaching you about light now too. I'm glad to re-read Isaiah 60:1 today too. Thanks for linking up at #ThreeWordWednesday.

    ReplyDelete