Monday 19 May 2014

His resting Place is Glorious!

In that day the Root of Jesse will stand as a banner for the peoples; the nations will rally to him, and his resting place will be glorious.
(Isaiah 11:10)

Today I drove to the beach, parked my car and took a nice waddle around on the sand. It was a very sunny and warm Autumn day and a few walkers were walking so calmly and peacefully on the sand. The tide was out and it was just perfect - the clouds were picturesque. I breathed in and enjoyed my beach waddle with Daddy.
Eventually I went to rest by my car and I just sat and closed my eyes. Since last night I have been seeing in my spirit, the Great Big Wings and Feathers of Father and I have been seeing Father calling me to go sleep inside that place of peace and rest. The scripture I posted above is one of my absolute favourites, an anchor for my life.
I am the kind of person who loves that rest. I try not to allow my life to get super busy or chaotic. Chaos for me breeds burn out. Busy is something we all struggle with, while some people are always physically busy so much so that they don't even have time to reply to emails or phone calls, others are busy in their minds. I find the busy-ness within our minds or souls to be the most chaotic. Because it destroys that sense of peace, it destroys that resting place. So much has happened over the past few weeks in my own life, that I have sensed that rest ebbing away from me. Today, while I sat on the bonnet of my car talking to Papa, it was so easy to hear Him, to Feel Him, to Touch Him and to forget about the world around me. At one stage I did not even hear the busy traffic swirling around me, it was magnificently silent. I love this silence, I need it - not on a physical level like you need food but on a deeply spiritual level, as in I need it.

I believe we all need silence. The reason why people struggle to hear the Voice of God is often because they cannot drown out the noise, they can never sit in silence. Resting in God often requires everything to still, including your inner workings - your mind, your thoughts, your worries, concerns and feelings. I have noticed that the individuals who struggle with worries are often those who cannot be still or silent for very long. The silence eludes them or in a way it frightens them. Some people take a walk in nature but they do not leave their cares at home, to simply take a walk with the Lover of their soul. God wants to take a walk with us, or a drive with us, He wants to sit with us, talk with us, chat with us - but will we choose to let go and enter in that place of Silence? That place of stillness, that place of Oneness with our Creator? 
This week try and still yourself - this is a journey, a process and a discipline but we need to realise that we have not been given a spirit of fear but of love, power and self discipline. We do not need to fear, fret or worry - we have been given power with which we can take control over ourselves. Take a walk or a picnic, take a seat for a chat this week, take a break, a day away - whatever but take it with the One who loves you and allow His stillness to fill you, you may be surprised at how clearly you begin to hear His Voice, His whisper, even His breath..... He wants to share it with you, not just for a moment or an hour but for eternity. Hebrews 4:9 says "So there is a special rest still waiting for the people of God." 
One day when Messiah Yeshua returns He will establish a Resting place and the entire world will come flocking to it, seeking this rest out. Today, in the midst of our lives Messiah gives us a taste of His rest but we need to want it, to take it and to fashion our lives around it. We need to build our lives around His place of rest and allow Silence and stillness to become a part of our daily being. May He help you find the way! Shalom* 

No comments:

Post a Comment